Wednesday 3 January 2018

On Ringo Lake Part 6

With the releasing of clue 6, the clues came fast - one a day. At present I am working on clue 7, but 8 and the finishing will have to wait until after our road trip.
After following Vireya's instructions in Part 4, I was interested to make sure the units would work in this unit. I used the template that Bonnie suggested in clue 4 to rule a line marking the triangle. I stitched 1/4" along each side of the line and made two of the units. Worked fine. What an easy way to do the units and not having to sew on the bias. 
Now, the trick is to remember how to do this next time.
Our first Road Trip for 2018 is to the Elvis Festival in Parkes and then to the Tamworth Country Music Festival. Back in 2010, on a USA trip we were fortunate to go to Graceland, and I purchased some Elvis fabric. All these years I never knew what to do with the fabric, but now that we are finally going to the Elvis Festival I thought I would make some small items to sell to the other campers for pocket money.
I started with coasters.
So far I've made 8 sets of 4 coasters, I'm not sure if I'll have time to make any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment