Thursday 21 December 2017

Ringo Lake part 4

Finally caught up and ready to start part 5 tomorrow.

After I posted to Bonnie's Part 4 Link up Party with my parts 2 and 3, I had a look at some other links and came across some great ideas and lovely colour choices - BUT I'm not changing my colours now 😏. One of the random links I came across was Vireya's Blog - wow, I'm so glad I did. Vireya shared a way to make unit 4 blocks without using cut triangles. Vireya also includes a link to how to make  this unit in a different way. You will have to use Bonnie's measurements in the adjustment, and it worked. I followed Bonnie's suggestion of cutting a cardboard template to check on one block and double checked using my triangle ruler. So, I continued to cut out the pieces and sew the units.
Ready to start part 5. It really pays to see what others are doing. You can see Bonnie's Monday Link Up here.

I also had time to make a few more fabric coasters, and this time I adapted the method. I will post about that in another blog post, when I've taken photos of the process.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment