Wednesday 23 December 2015

Allietare part 4

Started part 4 yesterday and boy is it time consuming. I'm not whining,  I'm just stating that it was very time consuming,  and lucky I am on holidays. I had collected more than the alloted amount of fabric needed for half size, and in this part pieces needed to be the same fabric. Mmmm. Lucky I had brought another project with me that had extra cream. All my blacks are pretty much gone, as are my creams. I'm fine for blues and reds, but if part 5 needs other colours, it's off to Spotlight I go.

You can find Bonnie Hunter's instructions here - http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/p/allietare-mystery.html

I needed to draw a diagonal line through 240 black squares.
I used pegs to keep each set together.
Ironing with a craft iron - that doesn't get overly hot - was also time consuming (still not whining ☺)!
On day one I made four sets.
Day two, I was on a roll and made six sets, well it was raining so I had time. Only five to go, hopefully tomorrow. 
With the cut off half square triangles I have made numerous mini blocks.
I'm not sure what I will make with them,  but nothing gets wasted, that's my Scottish blood.
Travelling in our caravan and working on a Galaxy android makes it more difficult to link to Bonnie's links, so here is the best I can do under the circumstances.
To go back to the link up party click here
Or here
Or here
 http://lwlink3.linkwithin.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_145086014060811&key=503c38809682907e0e07931326b1c03d&libId=iiik3mrp01012xfu000MA9wrjwsge&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fquiltville.blogspot.com.au%2F2015%2F12%2Fsewing-parties-are-best-kind-of-parties.html&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1S4mQSA&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fquiltville.blogspot.com.au%2F2015%2F12%2Fsewing-parties-are-best-kind-of-parties.html&title=Quiltville's%20Quips%20%26%20Snips!!%3A%20Mystery%20Monday%20Link-Up%

Hopefully one of the above will get you there, or simply click the back button ☺

7 comments:

  1. Have a grand holiday and good work on keeping up with the clues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I love this place and I love mystery quilts.

      Delete
  2. I love all the mini blocks you've made from the offcuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Auto correct arrrrh - trying again.
    Thank you Vireya, I don't like to waste fabric, even if it is tiny. Will make some nice coasters and borders for place mats, not to mention the jacket I am making.☺

    ReplyDelete