Tuesday 24 November 2015

Fools Gold Mystery Stash Buster.

I have been indulging in my create side of late, and while I have finished a couple of Christmas presents and in between Farmer's Wife 1930's quilt, I did a quick 8 week Stash Buster Mystery quilt - Fool's Gold. It was facilitated by Quilters World Magazine and best selling author Susan Mallery. It was a pattern designed by the editor of Quilter's World magazine Carolyn Vagts, and each part was released once a week.
The first part was the choosing and cutting of the fabric. I always struggle with fabric choice, and really wasn't sure I had chosen the right fabrics until the end. I like to use reusable cards for mystery quilts and have both alphabet and numerical cards. This quilt sorted the cut fabrics into alphabetical parts. I chose one fabric for most of the colour choices, but decided to use scraps for the light / medium purples. I like some consistency, especially with mystery quilts, so I will often use one fabric colour.

Each week the units are added to to make larger units.



 Here it is ready to sew together.
Now the top is finished and waiting on my UFO stand to be quilted and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment